Posted on December 1, 2018
Unsure of how to find the right eyelash extension technician for you? Lashup.ca has you covered in this unique guide on what questions to ask and what to look for when you are trying you eyelash extensions for the very first time:
- Don’t be afraid to ask where your lash stylist obtained their lash training and the certifications they have. If you’re unsure whether they’ve been trained, be sure to ask! We’re talking about a procedure that’s being done close to your eyes, it’s absolutely okay to check.
- Check out your eyelash stylist’s social media pages. That will be a good indication of whether they are professional with their work, and how they fared with their clients. You can be confident that they’ll be proud of their work and would want to show it off – after all, this is the beauty industry!
- Watch out for reviews, you can easily find out if someone is a seasoned eyelash extension specialist by the reviews you see. Take a look to see if you like their style of work, because you may want to know ahead of time whether their style fits your preferences. For example, some stylists go for more of a uniform frame, while others style eyelash extensions in a wispier natural look.
- When you walk into an eyelash extension clinic, your first impression will totally count. If the place is spotless and clean, you’re more likely to feel safe to get your eyelash extensions done there. Remember, it’s a procedure that’s done close to your eyes!
- It is essential to figure out whether you can communicate exactly what you want and whether the stylist open to talking to you and trying to understand your personal likes and dislikes. Bring pictures if necessary, of the style of extensions you’d like.
- Do your research and find out the type of products they use, a professional eyelash extension stylist will always use professional products without compromising the sensitive nature of your lashes and eyes.
We hope that helps you frame the mindset you should have when trying out eyelash extensions for the first time. It’s not as intimidating as it may seem if you’re well informed. If you want more tips, be sure to drop us a message or a comment, and we’d love to help you out!